Strong Customer Authentication
With Blackbaud Merchant Services and Blackbaud Checkout you can use built-in SCA compliant capabilities to process credit card transactions and accept payments from digital wallets such as Visa Checkout and MasterPass.
Donation 2.0 part already uses Blackbaud Checkout. You do not need to take any action. With the release of Blackbaud NetCommunity 7.2, Payment 2.0 and Event Registration 2.0 parts now use Blackbaud Checkout. We recommend that you check your forms which use the Payment 2.0, or Event Registration 2.0 parts and edit the forms if needed.
For forms that don’t yet use Blackbaud Checkout, you may need to take action.
- If you are impacted by this regulatory change, update your active forms to use a Payment 2.0 part for the September 14, 2019 deadline.
- If you are not impacted by any of these requirements (Secure Customer Authentication as instituted by the EU), then you do not need to take any immediate action.
We will update other NetCommunity forms (including Membership, Donation Form, Event Registration Form – Classic) to include Blackbaud Checkout in subsequent releases. We recommend you:
- Verify whether you need to comply with SCA.
- If you aren’t using a Payment 2.0 part (or Donation 2.0 or Event Registration 2.0) already, begin now. Configure it to match your existing forms and try it out. Consider copying an existing form, rather than editing a form that’s currently live on your website.
- After your site is updated to NetCommunity 7.2, check your forms which use the Payment 2.0, Donation 2.0 or Event Registration 2.0 parts. Edit the forms if needed.
- Before September 14, 2019, switch the parts of your live forms to use Payment 2.0, Donation 2.0 or Event Registration 2.0), you will be compliant with SCA.
When your live forms use Payment 2.0 or Blackbaud Checkout, you are compliant with SCA.
For detailed information about new features, Service Packs, Blackbaud Checkout, forms, and parts, see the online help.