Strong Customer Authentication
Blackbaud Internet Solutions
With Blackbaud Merchant Services and Blackbaud Checkout, you can use built in Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) compliant capabilities to process credit card transactions and accept payments from digital wallets, such as Visa Checkout and MasterPass.
With Service Pack 20 (May 2019), Blackbaud Internet Solutions released Blackbaud Checkout for Payment 2.0 and Advanced Donation Form. Additional updates have been included in Service Pack 21. You do not need to take any action for forms that already use Blackbaud Checkout.
For forms that don’t yet use Blackbaud Checkout, you may need to take action to achieve compliance with SCA.
- If you are impacted by this regulatory change, adopt Service Pack 21 and update your active forms to use a Payment 2.0 part for the September 14, 2019 deadline.
- If you are not impacted by any of these requirements (Secure Customer Authentication as instituted by the EU), then you do not need to take any immediate action.
We updated other forms (including Donation Form – Classic and Event Registration Form – Classic) to include Blackbaud Checkout in Service Pack 21.
We recommend you:
- Verify whether you need to comply with SCA.
- If you aren’t using a Payment 2.0 part, Advanced Donation Form, or Event Registration 2.0 already, begin now. Configure it to match your existing forms and try it out. Consider copying an existing form, rather than editing a form that’s currently live on your website.
- Upgrade your Production environment to Service Pack 21 before September 14, 2019. Upon doing so, check your forms which use the Payment 2.0, Donation Form – Classic, Advanced Donation Form, Event Registration Form – Classic, or Event Registration 2.0 parts. Edit the forms if needed.
When your live forms use Blackbaud Checkout (with Payment 2.0, Advanced Donation Form, or Event Registration 2.0), you will be compliant with SCA.
For detailed information about new features, Service Packs, Blackbaud Checkout, forms, and parts, see the online help.
Back office transactions are not in scope for Strong Customer Authentication (SCA), however changes are required to ensure that Blackbaud Merchant Services can correctly identify these transactions as out of SCA scope. The SP 21 hotfix includes that functionality, ensuring that these transactions will continue to process successfully.