Strong Customer Authentication
How Can eTapestry Help Comply with SCA?
With Blackbaud Merchant Services and Blackbaud Checkout you can use built-in SCA compliant capabilities to process credit card transactions and accept payments from digital wallets (such as ApplePay).
- Pages built with Cart comply with SCA. No additional steps are required in order to bring these forms into compliance.
- DIY forms published after 12 August 2019 comply with SCA. DIY forms published prior to 12 August 2019 must be re-published in order to achieve compliance. For more information, please refer to the “How to update your DIY donation forms” section below.
What Steps Should My Organization Take to Comply With SCA?
We recommend you:
- Verify whether you need to comply with SCA.
- Republish DIY donation forms following the August release, following our guide below.
How to update your DIY donation forms
- DIY pages published before 12 August 2019 must be republished in order to activate Blackbaud Checkout. To activate Blackbaud Checkout:
- Once in the DIY area, select a page and choose the “Edit” button on the right-hand side.
- Once you are in the online editor, you can click the “Go Live” button on the right-hand side. You do not need to make any changes to the page.
- Once you have republished the page, Blackbaud Checkout will be enabled, and you have finished (NOTE: this must be done for any existing transactional page you wish to use Blackbaud Checkout). New pages that are created will automatically have Blackbaud Checkout activated.
- For Custom Ecommerce Pages: If you are based in the European Union and would like your page updated, please submit an edit request using this link https://app.etapestry.com/hosted/eTapestry/ecommerce/Edit/EditOrder.php to add Blackbaud Checkout. If you have additional questions, please contact your Account Executive directly or email [email protected]. For non-European Union customers, we will let you know when it is available for you to request.
Why is Blackbaud focusing effort on Blackbaud Merchant Services (BBMS) rather than other payment gateways?
Support for the Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) regulations requires considerable development effort. Given the work required to achieve compliance with SCA, we are focusing our efforts on the payments platform used by the majority of our clients. This enables Blackbaud and make updates quickly and implement changes in each of our solutions to support these new requirements by the September deadline.
By focusing our efforts on BBMS — which was created specifically for the social good community — we can help more of our customers adhere to the requirements while providing your constituents with a seamless payment experience. This experience includes value-added features, such as digital wallets, online fraud protection, payments API, credit card updater, point-to-point encryption, simple reconciliation, one call for all payment and application support. It also includes integration with Blackbaud software that is not available through other payment gateways.
How do I find out more?
Please visit https://www.blackbaud.co.uk/sca. We are continuously updating this page with all of the latest changes concerning Strong Customer Authentication (SCA).