The Civic, Barnsley
The Civic, Barnsley uses The Patron Edge® and The Patron Edge® Online to manage operations and improve the online experience
Having reopened in March 2009 as a cultural centre and space for the creative industries, The Civic, Barnsley recognised the need for a technology system to help it capture customer data and enable visitors to find out more information about events and book tickets online. The Patron Edge Online has enabled The Civic to increase its interaction with its customers, develop its e-marketing activities, and boost online ticket sales.
- The Civic’s web site was originally set up to promote the renovated building, however after it had re-opened, staff wanted the site to feature as a major part of its marketing strategy, encouraging people to buy tickets online, rather than purchasing them in person.
- The Civic wanted to take advantage of CRM technology and capture as much customer data as possible to assist in marketing strategies moving forward.
- Staff at The Civic also wanted to incorporate social networking capabilities online, such as Facebook®, Twitter® and MySpace®, as well as writing blogs and sending emails and e-shots.
- The Civic implemented The Patron Edge Online, ensuring staff were using the system to its full potential.
- The Patron Edge Online is currently used for managing the Civic web site, capturing customer data and enabling people to book tickets online.
- The Civic will further use The Patron Edge Online to increase the use of social networks and carry out additional analysis of customer data direct from the web site.
- More than 2,500 pieces of customer data have been captured in the first six months.
- Email addresses account for 28 per cent of this data.
- The Civic estimates that within six weeks of the web site going live, 20% of its business was generated online.